[Spridgets] Busy day at Midget rock

crusaderchuck55@aol.com crusaderchuck55 at aol.com
Tue Nov 27 21:30:28 MST 2018

    Howdy.I never thought I'd be a Jegs customer. I called G Force to buy a window net for the Saab.  They tell me it would/could be cheaper from an authorised dealer.  Ok I bite & ask.  Its going to be "Jegs".  I see them as drag car/ hot rod parts not road race and hillclimb parts.  Well they carried the window net, set of new drivers shoes , the Holley fuel pump & low pressure regulator.  Great one call shopping. I stop & curiously ask If they carry a Simpson Voyager 2 helmet in my size.  BINGO!  After everything they offered a 50.00 discount on the order.  GREAT!I called the county tax office, school district office and the township tax collectors office.   Recon to get ALL the totals of all the amounts we owe.   Next up I need to strip out the Saab's belts and send them to M&R to be rewebed & recertified.   I'll need a couple of fittings to complete the Saab 's fuel delivery system.   That will put the Saab in a turn key "go to tech inspection" state.   I've waited for this since around 2007 or 2008.  I've been very patient.   And icing on the cake will be a completed Midget too.  Exciting and frightening at the same time.  No worries behind the wheel.   Keep up making lists and final check lists to achieve completion.  I'm notorious for masking taping notes all over a build during assembly.  Easy markers to pick up on upon 're entry to the shop.  I learned that a long time ago.  Lots to happen over next month or two.   My son is buying my father's house.  His mom is moving with him and selling her home....where a bunch of my stuff still resides.Bunch!  Like furniture that is "family " stuff and car parts and my very-very rusty '58 bugeye shell.  I see moving a lot of stuff that will winter in my trailer.  Needing to get the Midget's cage bent up before heading to my sons present home to load...load & load more stuff.  I'll retrieve the bugeye on my open trailer. That will be an emotional exercise. Thankfully I get along with my ex wife . During all this the delinquent taxes will be paid.  I'm expecting my available time to be crowded with stuff other than focusing on the Saab & Midget.   Stuff I gotta do. So it's ok , just lousy timing.  I'll be very thankfull once that hurdle is behind me.  Lots to do.  Part of the desire to order all the parts I'm aware I'll need so I have the items available once I'm available.   That is why I've cleaned and painted so many pieces of hardware and bracketry ahead of time.  Kinda saw "something" coming down the road.Now I wish I had the engine so I could have the block out for machine work ahead of everything I see happening rather soon.More fun to come!Chuck
Sent from my LG Mobile