[Spridgets] Mega Squirt?

Glen Byrns grbyrns at gmail.com
Fri Mar 30 07:24:14 MDT 2018

I checked the link but couldn't find the blog or much of anything beyond the linked page.  You mention the newer version dealing better with the Siamese porting of the A series. I'm curious how that could be.
My experience has been that this is theoretical issue more than an actual problem.
   My set-up injects with a single injector ahead of the turbocharger (wet-turbo). I cannot imagine how software can have the slightest effect on the charge as it splits in the manifold/cylinder head.   I've never detected any significant difference in the plug reads on this motor leading me to dismiss the Siamese porting as a non-issue.   I suppose if you are using multiple injectors you might be able to approach some sort of mitigation for the imagined issues of the porting?
    I'm using full ignition timing control using the dizzy as the trigger.  A wide-band O2 sensor just post turbo, intake manifold pressure sensor and water temp sensor complete the inputs.
    I'd like to see the blog or talk to the owner of the car that resulted from the effort. Boosted/injected Megasquirted cars are a very small club. (Of very fast Sprites!)

Regards,
Glen Byrns