[Spridgets] Saw something interesting

HealeyRick healeyrik at gmail.com
Wed Mar 28 10:19:23 MDT 2018

Not a particularly easy swap, it requires a good bit of fabrication.
Here's a link to some of the directions for using an MGB rack:
https://web.archive.org/web/20090410003812/http://www.modifiedhealeys.org:80/Technical/R&P1.htm
In swapping in the rack, you also lose the ability to run the wires that
control the trafficator through the steering column, a feature that a lot
of Healey owners don't want to give up.  A big Healey, particularly a six,
will never steer like a bugeye, even with a rack and pinion installed.  The
worm and peg of the big Healey is subject to wear on high-mileage cars,
giving them a vague feeling.  But the biggest thing is the weight of that
huge cast iron lump over the front wheels.  When I installed my V8, it took
about 200 lbs off the fron end, making the handling much better.

Rick Neville