[Spridgets] Fossilizing as we speak?

crusaderchuck55@aol.com crusaderchuck55 at aol.com
Fri Mar 23 19:24:29 MDT 2018

    Mark,I can use the cam and oil pump.This is going to be one interesting project!  Chuck
Sent from my LG Mobile

------ Original message------From: Mark Haynes via Spridgets Date: Fri, Mar 23, 2018 12:40 AMTo: Spridgets list;Subject:Re: [Spridgets] Fossilizing as we speak?
I'm just 60, and my eldest,Tamara, who some of you may remember, is now 23 and a Mech E like her Dad, and having a great time as a systems engineer traveling the country on the company's dime.
I finally did finish the MKII that blew its 2nd gear the Sunday before the MKII 50th, and sold it in lieu of a '66 Mustang 289, that's still on stands.
I joined the email list in '95-'96 or so, I pulled the Holy Sprite from west Colorado to east Colorado, handing it off to Jim Johnson.
I still don't know exact;y who I helped out in Elkhart Lake, when their alternator lead melted a hole in their oil filter and they needed a proper crimp tool- Glen Byrns maybe? - it had a Suzuki engine in it.
Anyway, being in Elkhart Lake affirmed to me that I'm not crazy (ok, maybe not totally crazy) and that there are a great group of people out there who have the same type of mindset- If you need help, just ask, I'll do what I can. But... you've got to ask, otherwise I don't know you need help.
I'm in for chuck's project, I have a brand new 649 profile Kent cam just sitting around, along with a Superflo oil pump to match and a complete 940 head-skimmed .010" IIRC, no rockers though.

Mark Haynes
It only goes one way- Pay It Forward