[Spridgets] Old guys

brian daredelvis at gmail.com
Tue Mar 20 09:55:03 MDT 2018

I'm glad you appreciated that Guy. I've been around since before
Montana Bob, I just don't chat as much. I used to post from my grad
school .edu email back in the 90's, and at 50, I may be one on the
younger side.

In honor of Montana Bob, here is my obligatory spridget content. The
Bugeye was my first car. I purchased it back in 1983, and I still
drive it to work about once every two weeks. I put disk brakes and a
factory sway bar in a couple of months ago, and I'm in the process of
building a 1275 for it.  The block has been at the machinist for 3
moths now (reminds me that I need to make my weekly call to hear him
say it will be one more week). I added a Riely Elf to the garage a
couple of years back (found it on this list, thank you Billy Zoom).
Replacing the tired 998 with a 1275 convinced me that it is worth the
effort.  At first, I was underwhelmed with the whole Mini experience,
but with the warm 1275, that has turned into a real fun car to drive.
I always was going for originality in the Bugeye, but I've decided
that it will never be a show car, and I should make it the way I want
it.

Brian James