[Spridgets] Old guys

Neil Anderson neilandcustom at gmail.com
Tue Mar 20 13:09:31 MDT 2018

I thought it was a given, that if you were on the Spridget list, you were
liked.  As many of you have related in the past couple of weeks, that even
Just Ed was liked and became a friend to most all after an initial period
of some good natured confrontation from Ed.

Even though I have never contributed too much to this list, I have always
enjoyed reading what others have written, especially if it helped educate
me about some detail about our cars.  The vast knowledge pool of this list
and the nature of which it all is so freely shared has made it great to be
a part of.

Since Glen brought up the topic, can those of you who attended the Sprite
50th anniversary in Lake of the Ozarks please relate some of your thoughts
and opinions about that event: relating to the lodging facilities (I don't
know at which resort it was held), the area amenities (food, petrol
stations, other retail, local roads, scenery, traffic congestion, and
whatever else)?  What were the pros and cons?

As a national officer in the Austin-Healey Club of America, I am looking at
the Lake of the Ozarks area to hold a possible future national AHCA meet
there.  I know that the Porsche Club is holding a big event there in early
July, but I think the thoughts from the Spridget list will give me more
accurate overview of the area.

Thanks for any help.  Maybe this will spur some conversations and maybe
recollections from the list.

Neil Anderson
Northern Illinois
Bugeye project (still working on it)