[Spridgets] [EasternOshitGroup] MKIII Midget Brake failure switch.... and wiring question

bmwwxman at gmail.com bmwwxman at gmail.com
Tue Jul 17 16:35:39 MDT 2018

Yup. Its really just a hydraulic switch.
Sent from my Verizon LG Smartphone
------ Original message------From: Rick FiskDate: Tue, Jul 17, 2018 5:03 PMTo: crusaderchuck55 at aol.com;Cc: bmwwxman at gmail.com;Spridgets at autox.team.net;EasternOSHITGroup at groups.io;Subject:Re: [Spridgets] [EasternOshitGroup] MKIII Midget Brake failure switch.... and wiring question
But that brass PWDA is not a proportioning valve.  :-)
It's nothing more than a switch that turns on the warning light AFTER your brakes have failed.

Sent from my keyboard
On Jul 17, 2018, at 3:12 PM, crusaderchuck55 at aol.com via Spridgets <spridgets at autox.team.net> wrote:

    I'll send a picture tonight.   I just put a brake proportionong valve and bent all New lines both to and from it.Frank's race car only had 1 line left in the car, the line from the proportioning valve to the rear brakes.Chuck
Sent from my LG Mobile

------ Original message------From: bmwwxmanDate: Tue, Jul 17, 2018 3:03 PMTo: Spridgets via Spridgets;EasternOSHITGroup at groups.io;Subject:[EasternOshitGroup] MKIII Midget Brake failure switch.... and wiring question
Here we go!!!   Lotsa questions as I start reassembly....
1.  I cannot seem to find much info on the 4 way brake failure switch.  I know there is a little shuttle inside the housing but not sure how to set it up properly as I connect the 5 hydraulic brake lines to it.  Nothing useful that I can find in Bentley or my Haynes manual.  Also, this switch appears to be different than some of the ones shown in the manuals. My hydraulic lines attach to an "H" shaped
brass(?) housing along with the line from the master cylinder. I don't find any online information on this set-up so any advice would be welcome.
2.  Wiring Harness....   I got a new one from Vickey Brit as the old one was awfully ragged with a lot of cracked insulation.  The wiring diagram in my Bentley manual doesn't seem to look anything like the color codes on the harness.  Anyone have any experience with these??--
--
Cheers!!
Jim Johnson

spridgets at autox.team.net