[Spridgets] How to identify a wire harness?

crusaderchuck55@aol.com crusaderchuck55 at aol.com
Sun Jul 29 14:44:13 MDT 2018

    Yes that is my next problem.Frank had put a spridget harness in the car , laying in a pile on the floor.Here is what I'd like to attempt by targeting a year it May have been out of.I AM considering putting the complete harness in the race car.  Because I'm putting lights and a horn in it , this harness would make that rather easy from a dimmer switch & turn signal switch standpoint.This harness is for a car with wipers and turn indicator/ dimmer functions on the column. I have noticed that the turn signal switch has a black wire and a violet with black tracer which go up underneath the turn switch pivot in the switch.  Kevin gave me a switch to repair my broken switch.  That switch does not have a provision for the 2 wires to go into it where my defective one has these wires.  I need to try to narrow down years for the harness I have so I can utilise it.  .its too nice to cut apart all the blue tape its wrapped with...its that nice.  Initially I was going to strip all the tape and remove any wires I did not need .   now I'm considering saving the harness and utilising some wiper, fuel gauge and heater wires for other functions( without cutting anything).What can I look for as identifiers of anything which may narrow down it's applicable model year or years so I can read a wiring diagram and use this harness?Thank you!Chuck
Sent from my LG Mobile