[Spridgets] temporary sump gasket question.

crusaderchuck55@aol.com crusaderchuck55 at aol.com
Mon Jul 9 15:25:19 MDT 2018

    Since its temporary,  why not leave the cork ends in place and just coat with silicone while using some fresh paper cut side gaskets?   Leave the cork craftsmanship for the final pan installation?Chuck
Sent from my LG Mobile

------ Original message------From: Trevor Jessie via SpridgetsDate: Mon, Jul 9, 2018 3:37 PMTo: Spridgets;Subject:[Spridgets] temporary sump gasket question.
I need to remove and replace a 1275 oil pan. The oil pan will likely need to come off again soon. I do not have the time to order a new gasket set. I have "mad" gasket cutting skills and know that I can make the two side pieces. However, I will need some cork for the ends.

Can I make the cork end pieces from a 1275 cork valve cover gasket, or is too thin/narrow?

Anyone ever done this or have a fresh 1275 sump gasket kit handy that they can measure the cork?

Thanks,Trevor