[Spridgets] Late posts

Mark J Bradakis mark at bradakis.com
Fri Aug 31 19:07:49 MDT 2018

On 08/31/2018 10:13 AM, Peter Caldwell via Spridgets wrote:
> In the past few days I've gotten list posts from June and July......
> Interesting, but the information about upcoming events is dated and
> useless.
>
> I doubt I'm the only one getting these.   Too bad for the event
> organizers.
>
> Peter C

What is happening is that your overpaid and under worked list admin is
getting around to dealing with a many thousands of messages back log of
list posts that are held for inspection, needing to be checked to see if
they are legitimate or not.  Yes, the events may be over, but I send
them on just to get them in the archives.  Maybe some day someone will
be searching for that specific information in tracking the history of a
car or something.  You never know.

The backlog was over 11,000, now it is down to 4400.  Progress. Also
making progress on getting more mail though the numerous hoops gmail
requires before they deliver a message, so some people may be seeing
increased mail flow.

Next up is getting the searchable archives [
http://autox.team.net/archives ] working properly once again. Something
happened 2 years ago, I have yet to deal with it. We shall see.

Actually I am surprised that the Team Net lists have lasted this many
years with such a scatter brained procrastinator behind the curtain.

mjb.