[Spridgets] Thicko Awards ELVF

William S Thompson wmseverin at me.com
Thu Aug 23 07:56:53 MDT 2018

Press release:

August 23rd, 2018

Jim Donato AKA "Elmo Mancini, the Meatball Magnate from Logantucky" and Wm. 'Swervin'" Thompson, AKA "Flounder" have schemed a bit and came up with a Thicko award this year, honoring longtime Thicko Charles Maranto... AKA "Lumpy".
In honor of Chuck, some lucky Thicko will receive the "Thicko Dicko", honoring the member that's pulled the biggest "dick move" of the season. This award can recognize on or off track behavior. Our initial thought was to place a large anatomically correct "tool" on a walnut base, but the winner might have to answer too many questions should he/she wish to display the award in their office or home.

In addition to the "Thicko Dicko", we will bestow upon some lucky Thickos the "Cheatin' Dog" award, the "Pedal to the Metal" award, and the grand prize... "The Thickest".

Note... these are "Traveling trophies"... meaning you're s'posed to give them back next year. (This means you, Ron Soave AKA "'Hopper" AKA "GGtR", who has held the "Cheatin' Dog Award" Hostage for far too many years, and Craig "Fast Eddie Haskell" Bielat, who not only kept the trophy, but had it bolted on his Lotus 7 for far too long.

Stay tuned for the Thicko Awards Ceremony details which will take place at the VSCDA's Elkhart Lake Vintage Festival at Road America, Sept. 14-16.

In addition to the awards, we will be handing out Team Thicko stickers suitable for your racecar, street car, or tow vehicle. The stickers are free, but we will have a donation bucket (Ok, it's a Spridget oil pan, with a plexiglass lid, created many years ago by Paul "Otis Campbell". All donations will go to the Old Glory Honor Flights...an organization that flies veterans to Washington DC at no cost to them to visit the memorials.

Also available at the track that weekend, Team Thicko "swag"... shirts, hats, jackets, etc.

Wm. “Swervin’” Thompson