[Spridgets] Sprite Midget Race Series opening at Gingerman and Cape Of Good Hope Article

stanbmason at aol.com stanbmason at aol.com
Wed Apr 4 12:01:50 MDT 2018

Spridget Comrades,

Things are shaping up for this great 60th Spridget Reunion Season.  The first race of the season for the Sprite Midget Race Series is Gingerman May 3-6 for the Driver School where we have several Spridgets going through Driver School.  I will be there Thursday and Friday to support those drivers and we will set up our typical Spridget Compound on the East Side of the Main Road into the paddock come join us.  We already have quite a few Spridgets registered please don't forget to sign up for our exclusive Sprite Midget Race on Sunday.  Friday April 6 is the last day to get your reduced rate!  Racing will start on Saturday and continue through Sunday.  I am happy to rope off an area so we can all be together if you let me know if you plan on attending.  We will have our typical fun with Brat Lunch for all Spridgeteers on Saturday and Sunday with the Portable Cape Of Good Hope Pub on Friday and Saturday Evening with toasting and other announcements.  We should have some Regalia with the 60th Anniversary Logo which will include base ball hats, tee shirts along with samples of Mechanic Overalls and fleece vests that can be ordered.

I submitted an article to the Austin Healey Club's Marque Magazine on Cape Of Good Hope Pub History, which will be published soon.  I have attached a copy of that article, which explains the fun we have with our portable Cape Of Good Hope.  The Cape Of Good Hope Portable Pub will be at the 60th Anniversary of Spridgets the Friday of the Elkhart Lake / Road America weekend September 13-16.  Friday evening there will be a Race Car Show in front of the Road America Center before dinner where we will recognize Past SCCA Racers and Champions as part of the fun.  The link below are some past pics from that weekend to give you an idea of other cars that maybe there not to mention all the race and street Spridgets. http://www.roadamerica.com/medialibrary/photos/vscda-elkhart-lake-vintage-festival.html

I will be sending additional information out as we get closer to the Gingerman Weekend

Enjoy a Spritely Life!
Stan Mason