[Spridgets] Swapping silicone for dot 3

Bob Kitterer bkitterer at me.com
Sun Apr 22 08:18:13 MDT 2018

First there are to items to keep in mind, Silicon and Dot 3 are not compatible and the brakes are the most important item on your car that needs to always function.

With that in mind when converting either way do a complete hydraulic system rebuild.  Tear everything apart, replace all the seals, and flex lines.  Clean the metal parts throughly in alcohol as well as flushing all the lines.  Being sure to do the clutch hydraulics also.

My 2 cents, I run silicon brake fluid.

Bob  Kitterer

1960 Austin Healey Sprite (Mk IV in disguise)
1966 Austin Healey Sprite Mk III (Trevor) - still in boxes
2013 Miata

Pay it Forward
Thanks Frank