[Spridgets] Bugeye steering rack wanted

Michael MacLean rrengineer.mike at att.net
Tue Apr 17 10:03:07 MDT 2018

Anyone have a Bugeye steering rack laying around they would like to sell?  Needing a rebuild no problem.  I was just finishing up the front suspension rebuild by filling the steering rack with 90wt.  After a few strokes I noticed oil leaking out below the very fitting.  I thought it was just loose, so I attempted to tighten it.  It started to wiggle and I noticed bits of the boss on the rack body where the cert fitting screws in was crumbling away around the fitting.  Nothing had contacted it before like in an accident or tool dropping on it.  Maybe it's just metal fatigue?  In any case I don't know how to fix it.  Does anyone know where else I on the rack I can fill it in the mean time?Mike MacLean

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android