[Spridgets] Kingpin mania frankly.

crusaderchuck55@aol.com crusaderchuck55 at aol.com
Mon Apr 2 14:18:45 MDT 2018

    This is rather timely.   I just took apart the kingpins from the controll arms and removed the upper reunions because one had WAY too much play between the spindle & trunion.  The bronze bushing was not there at all. Spindle custom ground the trunion and amusing as It sounds did no damage to the two parallel surfaces , just shaved off some of the bronze bushing retaining lip.   From what I've just discovered check for shims stuck in the trunion bore too.    They smash either way, onto the kingpin or into the trunion. Very rare but you might have a damaged trunion.  Or as previously noted it's not seated all the way down onto the bronze bushing which is sandwiched between the spindle and the upper trunion?ChuckBack to it on my day off!This front end musta been LOOSE!!Kingpins & bushings are the only salvageable bits!
Sent from my LG Mobile