[Spridgets] Kingpin Shims

dwoerpel at wi.net dwoerpel at wi.net
Sun Apr 1 17:26:21 MDT 2018

Mike, Watching replies with interest as this happen to me. I even
compared the top length to the "shoulder" new and old kingpins and they
are the same. I only needed 5 shims on one side and one on the other.
Trunnions are the same thickness also. Twilight zone time!

Dave W

On
2018-04-01 17:19, Michael MacLean via Spridgets wrote:

> Rebuilding
the front suspension on my Bugeye. I am having trouble with the kingpin
clearance vertically. I have fitted 15 shims (.008 ea) on the top of the
kingpin and the extra movement of approx. 1/8th inch does not change.
Yes the big brass washer is installed. The only parts new to this car in
this assembly is the kingpins. The other side has no vertical play with
no shims. Any ideas?
> Mike MacLean
>
> Sent from Yahoo Mail on
Android [5]