[Spridgets] turn the key, and - click!

Steven Michelsen stevenm at optonline.net
Thu Sep 21 21:12:27 MDT 2017

It's been an awful long time since I've posted, and even longer since my
(formerly) reliable 1500 Midget has given me any trouble at all.  But
now I have a small challenge...

The other day I tried to start it for the first time in many months,
using a brand new battery.  First, it cranked and cranked, slowing down
as it tried to start.  Next time - nothing.  Just a solid CLICK.  I
mistakenly took this to mean that I needed a new solenoid, which I
bought and installed.  That wasn't the answer.  I turn the key and get a
solid CLICK.  The battery is still good - lights and such work fine.

My question is, what's the next step to diagnose this?

Thanks,
Steve
1978 Midget