[Spridgets] 1275 starting issues

Brad Fornal tequila.brad at gmail.com
Mon Oct 23 11:21:52 MDT 2017

I want to thank all of the helpful replies to my conundrum. It turns out
that much of the problem was of my own doing. At some point, and I don't
know when, I had gotten plug wires 3 and 4 reversed. After chasing every
other avenue, I looked online, and found a photo of a 1275 spark plug
wiring. That helped me to see the error of my ways. A turn of the key,
after a shot of ether, and it fired right up. It idles rough, and will die
easily when coaxed forward. I see the need for a new condenser before I
begin my fall drives. Can anyone readily supply the part number for the
Standard Blue Streak condenser? No one local stocks them any more, so I
will need to surf the web to obtain one.
And for those that offered the excellent suggestion of tequila, THAT was
applied to the mechanic over a celebratory supper, via a Dos-a-Rita.
A large margarita, with a small bottle of Dos Eques lager upside down in
the middle. I don't drink Corona, so this was a lovely discovery.
Thanks to all of you, as many prepare your cars for a long winters nap.

--
DON JULIO 1942

http://tequilabrad.com/