[Spridgets] Windscreen Installation

Mark Haynes 220caribou at gmail.com
Wed May 3 08:30:47 MDT 2017

I finally got around to attempting the windscreen installation, and decided
after an hour or so that I had neither the tools, skills or patience to
perform this task. Since I had the windscreen, gasket and lock strip
(purchased from, VB, but all had MO$$ tags on them), no 'average' glass
shop would touch it. I did have one shop say they would do it, but they
wanted $300, and for me to deliver it and pick it up 75 miles away! Then I
realized that the rod  and customs guys had to go somewhere, so I called
one of them, got a #, called and got a price of $60, and their shop is only
1/2 hour away. done deal, 2 days later I have it and it is installed. Moral
of the story- If you need glass installed in your frame, make friends with
the Rod and Customs guys, they'll know where to get it done at a fair price.
thanks for all of the input folks, I just chickened out.

Mark Haynes
It only goes one way- Pay It Forward