[Spridgets] Kill Switches

WeslakeMonza1330 at aol.com WeslakeMonza1330 at aol.com
Sat May 14 16:03:16 MDT 2016

It's time to find a new mechanic/tutor because he is wrong.

Any car, including any racing car, may be positive earth or negative
earth.  Irrespective of which terminal is earth you need to wire the kill  switch
on the live.  You also need a proper FIA kill switch which you wire  the
ignition through otherwise you don't have a kill switch you have a battery
master switch which won't kill the engine if the car has an alternator or
dynamo.  Yep, no resistor in the kill switch circuit and you fry the
alternator rectifier dioide pack - none of us ever does that twice.

Regards

Daniel