[Spridgets] WWOSHIT in Dodge City Delayed....

bmwwxman . bmwwxman at gmail.com
Fri Mar 4 14:15:12 MST 2016

I've run into some complications concerning the April 9th-10th dates.  My
painter now tells me he cannot get to the Midget in time for this
deadline.  I have found another painter that I can trust, but he, too, has
a full schedule and a waiting line at this late date.

My current thought is to purchase a decent compressor and paint the car
myself in my garage.  I've been down this road with Frank (Holy Sprite) and
I feel comfortable enough to spray it myself using light coats and single
stage paint.  How bad could I screw up?!!   (Don't answer that!!)

My compressor is too dinky for the job and I've needed a new one anyway so
I will put some of the labor cost I was going to have toward a decent
compressor, water and oil drier and pressure regulator.  I already have a
new set of HVLP guns.

Can any of you wizards recommend a good compressor?  Should be 2 stage,
3-4hp, aroung 15 CFM at 90 PSI, 60 gallon tank, 230 volt.  What are you all
using? Recommendtions gratefully accepted.

Oh....  And I guess this means we will have to put off the WWOSHIT until
some time later this year if you all still want to come, guzzle beer and
eat pizza & Mexican food.

Ron mentioned the possibility of a weekend OSHT before painting.  There is
some work we could do before the paint goes on if anyone is interested.

LMK Please!
--
Cheers!!
Jim Johnson

*"Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they
look forward to the trip."*

*Winston Churchill*