[Spridgets] merry xmas, now get to work on car.

Mike Rambour lists at dinospider.com
Thu Mar 3 09:08:27 MST 2016

  Yes, car seems fine now.  Well not really, we have a new issue but it
runs fine and removing/cleaning the fuel system of the silicone seems to
have fixed the problem.  Too bad I didn't find the silicone before I
purchased a new fuel pump.  We have found the previous owner had stock
in a silicone company, even found some in the radiator when we did a
flush and I think that is why the car runs a little warm. It got in the
cooling system via the silicone on the thermostat elbow.  There is LOTS
of silicone around the motor's front plate, I mean LOTS so I am afraid
it got into the motor as well, we have decided to pull the motor and
clean it up and reassemble it, since the car has good compression and
oil pressure, we wont touch the internals, just open it up and re-seal
it properly.

  Right now I am fighting a squeak/rattle/scraping sound when under
moving forward only, it does not happen at idle or reverse.  I thought
it was the driveshaft hitting the exhaust manifold but made some
clearance and that was not it.  I really hate the idea of pulling the
motor without knowing what it is first because then I might put the
motor back in with the same noise.

  But the fuel system is fine now :)

     mike

--
A gun is like a parachute, if you need one but don't have it,
you'll probably never need one again.