[Spridgets] Location for horns?, 1962 Spridgets anyone have a photo?

bmwwxman . bmwwxman at gmail.com
Fri Jul 15 11:47:42 MDT 2016

Lin,

The horn mounts on the top of the front scuttle and just behind the grill.
Attached picture shows the wires in front of the radiator as they are
routed in from the right front inner fender.  The horn wire is in that
bundle and the horn mounts there on the right hand side.  As Bruce said,
there are mounting bolt holes on the top of the scuttle.

On Fri, Jul 15, 2016 at 6:00 AM, Linda Grunthaner via Spridgets <
spridgets at autox.team.net> wrote:

> Thanks Brad,
> Jim said the same so I'll take a photo of the area I think you both are
> referring to and then you can let me know if that is correct. Is the
> location sandwiched between the grill and the the nose metal?
> Thanks Lin,
> 62 Sprite Pinky
>

> On Thu, Jul 14, 2016 at 1:32 PM, Brad Fornal <tequila.brad at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> In our 68, they are located in the dropped down section, behind the
>> grill. There are holes already there
>>
>> On Thu, Jul 14, 2016 at 6:04 AM, Linda Grunthaner via Spridgets <
>> spridgets at autox.team.net> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Spridgeteers,
>>> I just received my new Lucas horns from eBay (Thanks Jim) and now I need
>>> to know where they were supposed be located originally as my PO bolted the
>>> broken single horn to a jagged hole that I need to weld up. I believe the
>>> 62 only had 1 horn but I wanted the hi-lo setup and I want to try and place
>>> it near the original location. No concourse rest here but I do want to try
>>> and get my little Spridget wiring and locations close to where Donald and
>>> Geoffrey wanted them LOL.
>>>
>>> My horn's
>>>
>>> http://www.ebay.com/itm/151382636843?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
>>>
>>> My video:
>>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMgpZQXuGSk&feature=youtu.be
>>>
>>> Thanks Lin,
>>> 62 Sprite Pinky
>>>
>>> PS I have an NOS horn button assembly I have not installed yet.
>>> --
>>> "Pay if forward" in honor of Frank Clarici III, Spritenut
>>>
>>> ------------------------
>>>
>>> spridgets at autox.team.net
>>>
>>> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
>>> Suggested annual donation: $12.75
>>>
>>> Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
>>> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
>>> Unsubscribe/Manage:
>>> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/tequila.brad@gmail.com
>>>

>> --
>> DON JULIO 1942
>>
>> http://tequilabrad.com/
>>

> --
> "Pay if forward" in honor of Frank Clarici III, Spritenut
>
> ------------------------
>
> spridgets at autox.team.net
>
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation: $12.75
>
> Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/bmwwxman@gmail.com

Cheers!!
Jim Johnson
UHI Aviation Meteorology <https://www.facebook.com/MET105/?ref=bookmarks>
Adjunct Professor
E-Journal of Severe Storms Meteorology <http://www.ejssm.org/> - Chair

"Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they
look forward to the trip."
Winston Churchill