[Spridgets] Flasher Units

Bruce Hamper brucehamper at gmail.com
Thu Jul 14 19:38:29 MDT 2016

Hi Lin,
I was referring to the standard turn signal.  There's a small metal can on
the firewall (right-hand side) that controls the flashing of the turn
signals.  This flasher unit is the '522' round can or an original equipment
rectangular can.  It does not serve as a hazard flasher - all four corners
flashing at once.  The hazard circuit was not added until about 1968 with
the HAN9 Sprite or GAN4 Midget.  My '69 Sprite has the hazard circuit with
its own separate flasher unit, but my 59 Bugeye lacks that safety feature.
You would need to add a whole new circuit to put a hazard switch in the
earlier Spridgets.  Possible, but a lot of work!
Bruce