[Spridgets] differential

Ron Soave soavero at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 17 16:37:48 MDT 2016

To add to that, the differential and the rear wheel bearings are probably the two most (only) overdesigned areas of our cars. I recently shredded the bolts holding the pinion gear on a differential due to an improperly installed limited slip. The sheared off bulkheads went round and round in the diff for many miles. The ring and pinion remained fine. (Rick, this is the crap that we saw in the oil at Gingerman. The diff is fine and in for Grattan). Michael, remove the driveshaft and remove the radius arms and check them off the car. You cannot tell health by just inspecting them in place.

Ron Soave