[Spridgets] Excessive oil leak -1275 cc - front end

Walt Swift wlswift at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 15 11:30:00 MDT 2015

Just took the Bugeye for a 20 mile test run after restoration.  And I gotta leak - a serious one.  Front end.
1275 cc engine (rebuilt I think), 60 psi oil pressure, hums nicely, New PCV valve and tube connections to the front timing cover can and the intake manifold seem tight.  Not a bad leak when sitting, idling tuning carbs, but moderate driving (< 3,500 rpm - 20 miles) and my garage floor has a 1/4 pt. puddle.
A lot of the oil lays on the frame cross member before rolling onto the floor.  But the fan blades are clean, and oil isn't sprayed all over the front of the engine compartment.  No leaks at the rocker cover.
I'm thinking front seal leak?, rubber seal in sump front end leak?, cracked joint between oil separator can and timing cover? Faulty pcv issue (wrong or clogged valve cover cap)?
Is it possible that something wrong in the pcv system would cause significant oil blowing out of the front seal?
Any thoughts or guidance on tests, measurements or inspections that minimize the extent of parts removals to help diagnose?  It's a bear to get the radiator out and in.
I haven't done a compression test, yet, but plan to do one this morning.
Attached foto shows some kinks in the radiator grill - they are an artifact of the panorama function in my iPhone camera - not wrinkles in the core. ;-)
I'd like to take the car up to the British Invasion Saturday without wrecking the engine and without filling the trunk with gallons of GTX 10W40.
Any thoughts appreciated.
Walt60 Bugeye ... so close to being done.