[Spridgets] Solenoid orientation question.

WeslakeMonza1330 at aol.com WeslakeMonza1330 at aol.com
Mon Sep 14 02:34:27 MDT 2015

Thanks for all the answers to my question.  I can see that moving the
orientation would increase the likelihood of moisture collecting on it or
finding it's way into the switch so I'll address that with regular applications
of WD40.  None of this will happen soon though as I'll need to obtain or
make a bracket that will work the way I want it too.  You can't see it that
well in the attached snipped image but might just make out how much neater
the  cable runs would be if the orientation was changed.  So, another mini
project.

Also, the point about removing the solenoid is that because I have an
aftermarket starter motor it has an integral solenoid so I could run the heavy
power direct to it from the battery rather than via the solenoid - much the
reason why modern cars appear not to have a solenoid and certainly don't
have a  separate one.

Regards

Daniel