[Spridgets] Backwards Battery

Michael Rowe mdrowe at optonline.net
Fri Oct 30 07:39:10 MDT 2015

Not full disclosure, but I will say that I got +0.5V out of the cigarette lighter when it was disconnected from all but the dash hole.  But there was no voltage from the dash, itself.  the most obvious explanation was that its internal components made a battery.  Not a lie, but even I am not nutty enough to swallow that one.

After solving the problem, I decided to take a celebratory drive in my running Spridget.  It has been running fine.  In fact, I was pleased that it started right up after sitting three months.  Of course, on that day, it would not start - a weak connection at the solenoid, which sounded like a weak battery.

Michael Rowe
  Loose nut on the steering wheel?    :-)

  Sent from my keyboard