[Spridgets] Backwards battery

Michael Rowe mdrowe at optonline.net
Tue Oct 27 13:09:44 MDT 2015

Even more weird:
As I mentioned, I have been away for three months and don't remember what I did before.  I have checked the wiring converting from generator to alternator, which appears to agree with instructions.  Here is a repeatable sequence:

1.  Battery tests normal.  Ignition switch tests normal.  Red light indicates power out from + terminal to ground at engine.
2.  Close battery cut-off switch (on + terminal).  All circuits test normal all the way to the ignition switch input.
3.  Engage ignition switch.  Pump and interior lights go on briefly, then die = something heating up.
4.  Now, there is no power anywhere at the switch.
5.  Battery shows no power out from the + terminal, green test light shows power in at the - terminal from ground at engine  to ground at battery.
6.  All returns to the original condition when it cools.
7.  I assume this is a short to ground problem somewhere.  Where is this backflow coming from?

!@#$%^
Michael Rowe