[Spridgets] Overheated Engine Not starting

Monty Love cmlove at knology.net
Fri Oct 16 11:11:42 MDT 2015

Hello All;

I did something really stupid last weekend. I was trying to tune the carburetors and had the engine idling as I worked on them. Everything seemed to be OK. I took it around the block and it was running very rough. I never looked at the temp gauge until I got home. It was very hot! The over flow tank had ruptured and most of the antifreeze had run out. I replaced the over flow tank and refilled the radiator and now the engine will not start. It won't hardly fire at all. I haven't had time this week to diagnose, but was wondering how much damage could I have done to it? This is a brand new engine with very few miles on it. Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Monty