[Spridgets] Beds for bad backs...

Paul Herder george.p.brokaw at gmail.com
Wed Oct 14 18:17:43 MDT 2015

No, I believe he was writing about the foam bed (Tempur-Pedic).  I have one
that we have had for ~ 10+ years but it is without the adjustable base (i.e.

we have ours right on the floor!)  If it was on a frame I would have to have
a ladder to get in and out of it.

Only problem we have had is after a while you make a dent in the foam where
you sleep.  Then it gets real hard to get out of!

I have back problems due to a motorcycle accident ~ 40+ years ago and it has
helped there.  Since then I have had 5 surgeries on my shoulders (in a year
and a half) and between the pain I have trying to sleep on my side (on
either shoulder) and the back, I was thinking about something different.

I am GLAD that Ed spoke up about the 'sleep number' beds.  Will cross them
off my look at list.  ;^)

Paul (Currently in Sedgwick, Kansas but moving to Dodge City. Jim you out
there?  :^)

If you are referring to what is commonly called the 'sleep number' bed then
I can tell you I slept on a top-of-the-line model for 1 year.  When you lay
down on it in the show room and they magically pump up the support to cradle
you it seems like bliss.  After a while the bed shows its true colors and
there is no adjustment to make up for a lousy sleep surface.  There is a
seam down the middle, and, each occupant sleeps in a 'well' unless you crank
it up to the highest setting at which point you are sleeping on a brick.

Big money was paid, big money wasted after we sold it for pennies on the
dollar a year from hell later.

Just my experience.  You can try Craigslist.  There are a lot for sale
there..

Ed (Dallas, Tx)

---