[Spridgets] Head Stud Torque Setting

Michael MacLean rrengineer.mike at att.net
Sat Nov 28 11:47:54 MST 2015

I will check the rocker bushings, but there is only a few thousand miles on the rocker assembly since the 1275 was built a few years ago.  They are high ratio (1.5) rockers, but I don't think there is that much wear on them yet.  The very first time I put oil in the engine, the oil would fill the valve cover before it would eventually drain down in the block.  When I built this engine I went kinda crazy trying to lighten the valve train and installed hollow pushrods. Besides, they don't flex or bend.  The problem is the holes that the pushrods pass through were enlarged, but apparently not large enough for oil to easily pass by.Mike MacLean