[Spridgets] Blue pilot light - Barjan

WeslakeMonza1330 at aol.com WeslakeMonza1330 at aol.com
Sun May 24 17:47:30 MDT 2015

Hi list,

At Sprite Rush 98 which was at the Embers Convention Centre (?), Carlisle,
PA, I crossed the busy main road (on foot) to browse the truck stop shop.
At least I think that was the shop relevant to this e-mail.  I purchased
some really neat red and orange pilot lights for my Sprite of the 'Barjan'
brand.  I still have the packaging (for off road use only - oops to late to
comply) and see that Barjan is from East Molline, Illionois while the lights
 themselves are made in Taiwan.

The lights are very neat, very small and I always liked them.  A  pending
possible electronic speedo conversion means I may need a blue pilot  light to
mount in my dash.  Hopefully not though because I don't want to  put a hole
in the dash.  UK legislation suggests that my 69 Sprite may not  need a
blue pilot light to indicate that the headlights are on high beam (rather  than
dipped) but I want to get a light anyway as a contingency/precautionary
measure for the annual MOT.

Some internet and ebay searching produced just what I was looking for
although the brand was LED technologies and an Australian owned company but with
 the light itself still made in Taiwan.  So, I purchased a blue pilot light
 at about 5 times the cost of my original red or orange unit (that also
came 2 to  a pack) and found there was a difference.  The difference is that
the blue  lens is multi-faced like the pilot light in the speedo but my
original Barjan  pilot lights are round and smooth.  I don't want to purchase a
pair of new  LED red and orange bulbs to get similar multi-faced finishes if I
can help it,  but would rather find a smooth blue unit.  So anyone happen
across any of  the older style Blue (maybe purple?) Barjan pilot lights?

Thanks

Daniel