[Spridgets] More highway speed for a bugeye?

bmwwxman . bmwwxman at gmail.com
Sun May 10 08:47:59 MDT 2015

Ryan,

You only need the Differential which goes inside the pumpkin and rear
axle.  As Derf said you want one that has 10/39 on the top of the
differential case but check yours first to see which you have now!  There
were at least 3 available. Early cars were 4.22 to 1,  then there is 3.9 to
1 and the shorter 4.22 to 1.  The 4.22 is great for autocross -  the taller
geared 3.77 for highway use.  As was noted, the taller gears are getting
hard to find and usually demand a suitable hunk of cash.

If you find a 3.9 or 3.77 that's inside a rear axle case and the seller
won't part it out, buy the whole thing.  You'll need help picking it up!!
DAMHIK....

Cheers!
Jim

On Sun, May 10, 2015 at 9:29 AM, derf via Spridgets <
spridgets at autox.team.net> wrote:

> I know the basics but will have to defer on the details.  This is where
> Frank would chime in and sort it all out.  There are others who know and
> share, but none like him.  Really miss that guy.
>
> On Sun, May 10, 2015 at 9:22 AM, ryan.kubanoff--- via Spridgets <
> spridgets at autox.team.net> wrote:
>
>> So if I go to carlisle import show next weekend what should I be on the
>> lookout for or what should I avoid?  looking for rear pumpkin or whole rear
>> axle? how can I tell if possible whats good and whats crap?
>> Thanks
>> Ryan

>>> Thanks

--
Cheers!!
Jim Johnson

*"Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they
look forward to the trip."*

*Winston Churchill*