[Spridgets] Smith heater blower impeller removal

Walt Swift wlswift at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 21 11:51:00 MDT 2015

I'm refurbishing a Smith heater blower - probably from a Mark III or IV Sprite.  The plastic impeller is attached t the shaft by means of a plastic "compression" fitting held in compression by a spring ring.
Is there a specific tool that works for removing the spring ring?  Or do I have to make one?  It would be similar to a snap ring removal tool.  Tried a small one, but the tool pins are not small enough to fit into the spring ring gap.
Anybody solved this one?
It's Father's Day and I'm in the mood for buying myself another tool!
Walt
60 Bugeye - 90% of the way to being 95% complete