[Spridgets] WTF is going on?? Lower Fulcrum Pin..

bmwwxman . bmwwxman at gmail.com
Mon Jul 13 19:57:53 MDT 2015

I had disassembled the front suspension on both sides and actually had no
trouble getting the fulcrum pins unscrewed after removing the two cotter
keys (maybe "cotter pin" is a better description of them)? On re-assembly
starting with the left front and my new "Peter Built" shocks, new brake
disks and new wheel bearings and seals I screwed the fulcrum pin in as far
as it would go (It went in easily) then realized I had not centered the
hollow on the fulcrum pin so the cotter pin could be inserted through the
king pin. No problem I thought... (yeah... sure!) Just unscrew the fulcrum
pin and put it back in more carefully so that the cotter pin can be
inserted. It wouldn't budge. Got the biggest, nastiest straight blade screw
driver (think BFS here) I could find but still no luck. Now I can't get the
fulcrum pin to unscrew!! But it came out easily and went back in easily!
What has changed?? I haven't tried heat yet but did soak it with PB Blaster
to no avail. Anybody else been here before?? WWFD?? I hate to use a sawzall
on the fulcrum pin because everything fit so well going back together.
Thinking of using an impact driver on it to see if that will free it.

--
Cheers!!
Jim Johnson

*"Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they
look forward to the trip."*

*Winston Churchill*