[Spridgets] BMC A engine Firing Order

Walt Swift wlswift at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 12 08:32:52 MST 2015

I'm an engineer, so I rely heavily on books & manuals for guidance to supplement what i learn on the internet.  Usually I rely a bit more heavily on the printed word - documents. They're carefully edited, screened, reviewed, right.  Well imagine my surprise while trying to educate myself about setting the distributor, valve clearances, etc. on my 1275 cc engine when I noticed that the firing order for the 1098 and 1275 cc engines is different than that for the Bugeye 948.  If you don't believe me, just check out the specification pages of the Leyland Sprite & Midget Workshop Manual AKD 4021 15th edition published by Brooklands Books.
I figure that the original factory guys must have noticed the rough running of these Bugeyes and changed the order to something more logical when they came out with the Mark II Sprites!  ;-)
Walt
Getting closer to being nearly 90 % finished.