[Spridgets] MKIII Midget front wheel bearings

Bob Spruck raspruck at gmail.com
Sat Feb 7 18:25:37 MST 2015

One of the things I just learned from a trusted mechanic after replacing
front and rear bearings many times over the years was this.

When pushing the bearing/hub assembly onto the axle, use a drift against
the outer race of the bearing. If you push or pound on the hub, you take
the chance of the bearing disengaging from the hub. The result is the
hub sits firmly against the backing plate, but the bearing stands proud
of the hub just a bit. I also use an old outer race to tap on so it
exerts pressure equally around the new outer race so the bearing does
not cock as you try to press it home.

Bob