[Spridgets] Broken rocker arm

Hal Faulkner frog.aye at gmail.com
Fri Aug 28 21:35:29 MDT 2015

1.Open bonnet.
2. Remove valve cover.
3. Remove nuts on rocker shaft pedestals.
4.Lift off rocker shaft, rockers and pedestals.
5.Remove split pin at rear of rocker assembly.
6.Slide spacers, rockers, springs and pedestals off shaft: KEEP THEM IN THE
CORRECT ORDER  (slide them onto a long piece of wire or dowel) look for any
broken bits of the failed rocker, if you can't find all of it pull the pan
and look harder.
7.Check all rockers rocker-shaft and push-rods for excessive wear.  Replace
broken/worn rocker, rocker-shaft, and push-rods, and re-bush rockers as
needed.
8.Assembly is the reverse of dis-assembly. Don' forget to re-torque the
head properly.

Hal