[Spridgets] Drilling holes in a Bugeye

Bob Kitterer bkitterer at me.com
Wed Apr 22 15:00:55 MDT 2015

Here is a trick for the felts that may help.

Measure the width of the track for the plexiglass, subtract the thickness of the plexi, divided by two then go to the fabric shop and get some black felt of that thickness.

Next cut the felt in to strips of the length of a track and wider than the total distance with in the track.

Put some adhesive in the track and use a scrap piece of plexi to press the felt in place, there should be extra above the track.  Run the scrape plexi back and forth to be sure of  a good bond.

After the adhesive has dried with the scape plexi in the track use a single edge razor blade or something similar to cut off the extra felt using the plexi as a backing for the blade to cut against.

I have done this on my side curtains and those of several friends and it works great, is cheap and easy.

Bob  and Dolores

1960 Austin Healey Sprite (Mk IV in disguise)
1966 Austin Healey Sprite Mk III (Trevor) - still in boxes
2013 Miata