[Spridgets] Negative ground coil

Michael Rowe mdrowe at optonline.net
Sat Apr 18 12:20:36 MDT 2015

Re: [Spridgets] Negative ground  coilIt is possible that the old coils were always for negative ground, and they had to be switched for positive ground.  I can't find anything that says how the old BE ones were designed.

My BE wiring diagram shows CB going to the Distributor.  Those were Positive ground cars.  My 1275 wiring diagram shows "-" going to the distributor.  Those were negative ground cars.  Haynes says CB is "-" and positive ground cars have to be reversed, with SW going to the distributor.  Either CB was always negative for all cars, or somebody besides me is wrong, which is not normally the case.