[Spridgets] Huffaker Bugeye Race engine Status

lotuspilot at frontier.com lotuspilot at frontier.com
Fri Apr 17 07:12:40 MDT 2015

I just wanted to let you all know what I have learned from the Huffaker experience.  First, the engine runs and sounds killer.  No smoke and even compressions (210 to 212 psi) nearly across the board.
Here are some things that I learned:
Buy your S/C C/R gearbox from a reputable person that knows how to build a TransmissionWhat are those tappet covers actually for - other than leaking oil down the side of the crinkle black finishThis engine needs race octane levels.How do you keep the rear main (lack of) seal from dumping all of the oil onto the flywheel to spin and deposit on you as you try out the gearbox?
Other than that I wish that I could run it on the street.  Does anyone desparately need a Huffaker race engine?  Cash speaks ;^)).
In all seriousness, Thanks everyone for your help.  As always you guys know your stuff.

Mike