[Spridgets] Bugeye/Frogeye Club..... Re: Water temp question..

Lester oldsaabguy at comcast.net
Mon Sep 22 18:32:11 MDT 2014

Latest info..

Timing was advanced, maybe 10 degrees extra.  Set to 10 BTDC per spec on 123
Dizzy.

Removed radiator cap, wiped oily residue off, topped up water, likely less
than 2 cups.

Went for a run , 5 miles, ambient temp close to 70F.  Temp rose just as before
albeit a bit slower and I didn't travel as far.

I'm thinking that WST is right on as this would explain the lower compression
on one cylinder as well.

Next treatment:  Retorque head bolts (ARP's) and purchase a combustion gas
checker..

Lester

On Sep 22, 2014, at 4:00 PM, Wm Severin Thompson wrote:

> Head gasket. First thing I'd be looking at. Standard or ARO studs? Standard
to spec with a moly lube. ARP to 55lbs with moly

<bugeye at yahoogroups.com> wrote:

>> Thanks for all the input so far!
>>
>> I left out the info that this is a 1275 bored over to a 1380.
>>
>> I plan on checking timing this evening and am going to look for Bubbles and
Trixie as well.. then I'll check the radiator smell.. ;-)

>> I am leaning more and more to the radiator flow volume. Is there a way to
check that? Remove the lower hose and see how fast it drains?

>> If no joy on that front then it's the combustion tester for me to rule out
a head problem, (bad head gasket, crack, etc).

>> Thanks as always guys,
>>
>> Lester

>> Posted by: Ewing <oldsaabguy at comcast.net>
	 Reply to group                       		Start a New Topic
Messages in this topic (17)
Club, please send a blank email to:  bugeye-unsubscribe at yahoogroups.com
>> If you no longer want to receive emails, but wish to remain a member of the
group, you may go to the website http://groups.yahoo.com/group/bugeye/ and
change your subscription to "Web Only" and you will not receive any emails.