[Spridgets] two hot running Spridgets

corvallis at peoplepc.com corvallis at peoplepc.com
Sat Sep 20 07:52:07 MDT 2014

  _____

From: James Gruber [mailto:thistle_3619 at yahoo.com]
Sent: Saturday, September 20, 2014 5:40 AM
To: corvallis

Bruce,, Timing Settings can greatly affect how warm the engine runs. My '68
Sprite had a 66 1098 installed with Crossflow Radiator. Around town all was
great and would idle all day long below N. However 5 miles on Expressway in
summer would see temps start to slowly rise and get well not overheating but
warmer than I thought they should. Exit off of the ramp and temps would drop
to N before the end of the ramp.

Take a look at hoses as well. make sure no kinks. I had some vary sharp
bends and needed to order a different radiator thermostat outlet. One sharp
bend I eliminated by using a piece of 45 degree bend copper pipe and a
couple of clamps. Seemed to help at least my piece of mind. Lower hose on PS
is under pretty good suction. Make sure it is not collapsing under high
revs.