[Spridgets] Starter vibrating on fiitwell- My inadvertent solution

Mark Haynes haynes386 at netzero.net
Fri Nov 21 16:26:09 MST 2014

Some of you may remember that I had an issue with the GR Isuzu starter in the
MKII vibrating on the passengers footwell. I solved the vibration
inadvertently. When I lifted the engine to reset the cam timing, I set the oil
pan onto a board across the frame rail flanges to support the engine whilst I
worked on it. I removed all of the bolts one normally would to remove the
engine beforehand, including the trans mount bolts. I reset the cam timing
(correctly this time using a piston stop)and put the engine back into place.
Low and behold the vibration is gone, I now have ~1/8" clearance to the
footwell! So the upshot is that I had the engine in a bit to the back, now its
farther forward and runs great (amazing what the correct cam timing will do,
eh?).
Thanks to all who made suggestions, I promised to share my solution and here
it is.-Whoops I made things better without trying! Isn't that against some
sort of natural law or other?

Mark Haynes
It only goes one way-Pay it Forward