[Spridgets] What was your first car?

Neil Anderson neilandcustom at gmail.com
Wed Nov 19 12:28:44 MST 2014

This was my first car while in high school.
http://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/dealer/chevrolet/bel_air/1194801.html
I paid $350 for it, don't remember if it was purchased in the summer of '64
or '65.  I got my license in the summer of '64.  We recovered the seats
with 'real' black naugahyde from Sears, put on a dual exhaust system with
glass packs, and painted the wheels black, which everyone did then.  The
265 c.i. smoked so bad, we put a 283 in and it had an automatic trans
rather than the 3-speed on the column and Corvette 265 ci that this car
has.

My dad's name was on the title and he sold the Chevy without asking me,
while I was in college.  Wish I had that car back.  I certainly can't
afford the one in the Hemmings listing.  My next car was a '61 Chevy Bel
Air 2 door hardtop with the bubble window in the rear. Wish I had that car
back too.  My third car was a '60 Austin-Healey 3000.  I sold that car to
my buddy in the UK.  I still have my other '60 A-H 3000, which I bought in
1984.  I also have two rusted Bugeye body shells and a Bugeye project car.

Neil Anderson