[Spridgets] Leak Sealant/Head Gasket

Kirk Hargreaves khargreaves2 at gmail.com
Wed May 21 15:02:54 MDT 2014

Doug,

It might have been me.  I was talking about a product called K&W in an
orange can.  The directions involve a 24 hour sealing period, a pre-mix of
the material with an exact amount of water and instructions for timing the
process . . . far more involved than the standard sealants on the market.

A dealership mechanic recommended it to me . . he swears by it as being as
effective as it is complicated in it's instructions.  He has seen engines
lasting on this stuff for years.

He told me to be very careful to follow the instructions to a T . . . I did
and my straight 6 223 in my 58 Ford F-100 has remained sealed for several
months.  It did not plug up the radiator and the engine runs at the proper
temp no matter how hot outside.

Prior to using K&W I tried one of the other less detailed (in instructions)
on the market and it only lasted 3 days.

It was not super expensive, about what other products for the same purpose
cost. I bought mine from Auto Zone.

Check the below URL looking for "gasket compounds and repair" . . orange
can with K&W on the top.

http://www.zoro.com

This is the full lengthy URL:

http://www.zoro.com/g/00108309/k-G1855971?utm_source=google_shopping&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Google_Shopping_Feed&kpid=G1855971&gclid=CjgKEAjwnfGbBRDlxoHrl6uikyESJAD-nzCFzavwL7gZkqT0YO7RRGC6Xg8u4p1_ZTQs3v9b99WuI_D_BwE

Kirk
59 1275