[Spridgets] parts

Gerard pixelsmith at gerardsgarage.com
Tue Mar 25 13:03:42 MDT 2014

MIchael,

The part you seek, commonly referred to as half moon seal is not readily
interchangeable between engines as-is. There are places you can buy them in
the UK, but they come as a set with the main cap. In order for the half moon
piece to function properly (i.e. not leak or rub) with the scroll seal design,
it must be machined (line bore or and/or hone) while assembled on the block
with the main cap. Do not remove it after that. Clearance needs to be from
.0015" to .004"

I also make a rear seal kit that substitutes for that part, can cures the leak
issue.

http://gerardsgarage.com/Garage/Tech/SealKit/SealKit.htm

Gerard

On Mar 25, 2014, at 11:00 AM, spridgets-request at autox.team.net wrote:

> Message: 2
> Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2014 11:11:04 -0400
> From: Michael Rowe <mdrowe at optonline.net>
> To: spridgets at autox.team.net
> Subject: [Spridgets] parts
>
> Another NA part has been lost to the hurricane (my only excuse for not being
able to find it).  I need a rear crankcase cover, #35 in my Moss catalogue,
not shown in my VB catalogue.  Any one have one for sale in their spare parts
box?  Alan?