[Spridgets] Garage door spring question.

Tim Collins thcollin at mtu.edu
Sat Jun 14 20:24:11 MDT 2014

Hey Linda,
Before you install the emergency cable on your garage door, you might
want to take a look at this news report:
http://www.wnem.com/story/25401255/simple-zip-ties-can-prevent-crooks-from-opening-garage-doors

Crooks have figured out ways to use a wire (slid in above the garage
door) to grab the release and get into your garage. From there, since
most people don't lock their door to the house (the garage was locked
so why lock the house door) & they're in your house that easy. No
sign of entry, they just close the door behind them and no one knows.
At the worst if your door has windows, they can break the glass,
reach in an pull the cord and get in.