[Spridgets] Racer guys Engine help

Lester oldsaabguy at comcast.net
Sun Jul 20 22:59:07 MDT 2014

Bob, I found both pieces, it broke right at the area that is necked for oil
passage.  It looks like it bent and spent some life like that before it
finally broke,  This would explain why the car ran and suddenly started
backfiring.  This is my assumption as the ball end was no longer round but
squished on one side and showed wear on the bent part

Lester

On Jul 20, 2014, at 11:13 PM, Bob Walker spriteracer98 at yahoo.com [bugeye]
wrote:

> So now the question is ...........which piece did you find? the top piece
with the jamb nut? or the bottom piece with the pushrod ball on it? Top piece
would be somebody tightening the jamb nut too tight. Ball socket end would be
all adjustment has been taken up and major stresses are taken place directly
under the rocker arm. Only two possible cures, wrong push rods were installed
or rocker stands are too tall..